Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cashkaro.com - Indian Cashback and Coupon website


cashkaro.com
Cashkaro.com
Cashkaro.com is India's leading cash and discount web site. To be honest, I was not  aware that this concept has emerged in Indian e-commerce arena till I got a mail from Swati Bhargava, CEO & Co-Founder of CashKaro.com (www.cashkaro.com) introducing about her company.




The concept is quite interesting and is a win-win situation for both e-tailers as well as consumers. Cashkaro works as an affiliate for partnering online stores and provide them with a stream of customers who use cashkaro as a mall front to enter into each web site and make purchases. Cashkaro earns commissions from the partners and shares the same with customers in the form of cashbacks.

Process

Here is a short summary of what you need to do as a customer:

1. Log into www.cashkaro.com either with your FB or Google account or create your own account.

2. Review the offers from different e-tailors like Flipkart, Jabong, Myntra etc.

3. Click on the appropriate link to activate offer and navigate to the web site. I picked up Flipkart books deal and was navigated to its website.

4. Make purchase on the web site. I bought books on Flipkart web site in usual manner.

5. As per the cashkaro web site instructions, I need to track my account within 72 hours to see the status of cashback. It will show up in "PENDING" state. Once the retailer gives commission to cashkaro, the money will be reflected into your account which you can redeem to your bank account after a certain threshold is met with.

My View

My own take on the overall experience - it was simple, seamless but left me bit uncomfortable as a consumer because I could not see the transaction immediately appear under cashkaro My Account like - Site Navigated "Flipkart" - Transaction Status - "Pending". For an average non-techie consumer, this would just add to overall experience from completeness perspective and will bring in more credibility.

The concept is great but I doubt if there is enough visibility in the marketplace. I asked my wife and couple of friends who now purchase most of things online, if they were aware about this concept and the response was big NO. This implies that the company like these need to put an extra effort in making themselves visible to cash on the e-commerce wave. I will take a stab of other companies in the similar space and share my findings.

Recommendation : Try out CashKaro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment