Friday, May 23, 2008

Burrp - A search engine with a difference













Burrp is a search engine with a difference. Unlike other search engines that i played around with this one does not have a wider coverage. It has carved out a niche for itself by providing an online TV guide search in addition to local restaurant search and article search. Nothing impresses me more than the TV search guide. You can search TV programs for different channels like star, Zee, Zoom, Cartoon network etc. You can get the alerts on SMS, or receive the schedule of your favorite programs on email. However, I did not like the other two searches... The results were inaccurate and not relevant. I am not sure if this engine can last only on the basis of TV scheduling capability. BTW how many of you actually going to use this feature! At least you can count me out!! I still have to figure out how the owners are promoting this site.

Business Model: I guess the following may be true:
1. Directory Listing
2. Advertisements
3. Data profiling based on TV scheduling based statistics from its registered users. I am sure TV channels will be interested in using this data for their TV programing....

No comments:

Post a Comment