Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Momail - World's smallest mobile e-mail now in India

Momail, a Stockholm based company has launched its popular mobile product in India today. It provides a complete email solution to consumer on his mobile phone but with a difference. It offers a unified email inbox for all your different email accounts from Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail etc. You can send or receive emails from your mobile using momail. Currently, Momail has opened its Indian site http://www.momail.in/ for around 100,000 beta users. You can be a part by signing it online with a password momailrox on its web site. The company claims to support over 1100 different mobile models. The service is free during the beta period but will eventually be launched as a paid service. I tried the service today. Though the registration was straigthforward - register on website, provide your Mobile number, the site sends all the settings as a message to your mobile. You need to open the message and save it which results in default configuration of Momail on your mobile phone. That's really a cool feature especially for consumer market ! However, I was unable to access the emails using my phone due to connectivity issues which I reported to its customer support which was gracious enough to respond within 2 hours :) ! Do give it a try and let me know what you feel about the product.

4 comments:

  1. This is cool but I will not like to pay for the service. I can still access gmail from my mobile and end up paying only for the data transfer charges. Why should I be paying more for the value-add through momail when I can access emails without it! Honestly, i will be willing to give it a try if its FREE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will save a lot on data traffic. Best thing is that Momail can "carry" your Gmail and save on all of that data traffic.
    It's free now, why not give it try?

    Thanks for commenting on the Momail service.
    Regards
    Lars @ Momail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to know if we can use momail for downloading emails from outlook. Looking at momail web site i could not find any answer. Though my gmail works fine but I need to see if I can optimize on integrating it with Outlook. Also, i guess these guys should put some more knowledgebase on its web site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonia, send your request to support@momail.com and they will help.

    ReplyDelete